CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
MARKBERG has become a member of UN Global Compact, because we as a company has a sustainable and social responsibility. Our participation is a public statement where we show our values that benefits the society and our long-term successful business.
Read more about UN Global Compact here: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/
Code of conduct and ethical values:
Human Rights – MARKBERG supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, and together with our business partners we make sure, they are not complicit in human right abuses.
Labour – MARKBERG supports and respects the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining. We aim to eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour, child labour and discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Environment – MARKBERG supports and respects a precautionary approach to environment challenges and undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility, and encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Anti-Corruption – MARKBERG supports and respects the work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Animal Welfare – MARKBERG supports and respects the protection of endangered animals and refrains from leather derived from endangered species. The leather we use for our products is a by-product and from animals that have been bred for the food industry.
If you wish to read our Code of Conduct in full, please contact us at email@example.com.
MORE THAN JUST A PRODUCT
MARKBERG is the title of a true love story and with true love comes great responsibility. Not only related to the actual product, but also by having an obligation to improve our impact on the environment and human beings. We focus on continuously being more sustainable and responsible, and we constantly work on building a long-term successful business that benefits the global society.
Our aim is to design and produce in a sustainable way, where high quality products can last for a lifetime. Today, our society is in many ways based on a throwaway culture and mentality. We want to go in the opposite direction with Markberg
We never compromise when creating a product and we combine timeless design and high quality. We have high expectations and demands to ourselves as well as the people we work with. We have made a careful selection of people and factories we cooperate with to ensure we can rely on both high quality level and good conditions in our Markberg production.
The following are examples of our choices and values:
• By only using high quality YKK zippers in all our products, we increase the lifetime of the products.
• We only use cotton lining in all our bags, as we want to increase the lifetime of the products. Other fabrics commonly used for lining is not durable for long time use.
• All our products have batch information printed inside at the care label. This ensures traceability for the individual product.
• The leather used is a by-product from animals that have been bred for the food industry. The leather is not from endangered species or exotic animals. All products with croco or snake look are made from embossed cow leather.
• From 2019 and onwards, we have phased-out the use of real fur in our products.
• We are working towards implementing the use of organic cotton in 100% of our products in 2019.
• We make sure that all our products comply with the European REACH regulation, and therefore do not contain Chrome (VI). We conduct our own regular testing, following our own Chemical testing program.
• Silica gel bags are widely used in the industry to avoid moist and mould in the packaging, but the Silica gel bags has an unfortunate impact on the environment and human beings. Instead, we are using Micro-Pak® as a sustainable and environmental friendly alternative.
• We make sure that the carton boxes we receive from our factories are re-used when sending out our goods to retailers. If boxes are not useable, they are being recycled. The same goes for plastic and other materials we come across.
• We make sure that leather from unsold products are upcycled, and young people in the community can be creative and use the leather for other purposes.
• We only work with a small number of carefully selected factories in Europe and Asia. We visit all suppliers regularly and at least once a year. It is important for us to approve the conditions and management ourselves.
• Our ethical guidelines and principles as stated in our Code of Conduct, has been accepted and signed by all our factories.